From:
Lorraine Tremblay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 21:34:08 -0400
I really like Scott's tips on repairing rugs.  I think that it is good to
know for those of us that are not persistent enough to train our ferrets to
stop digging.  We tried water spraying for several weeks to discourage Pepe
La Pew from digging.  We got tired of the spraying before she did: she won
the battle.

I think our Boum Boum (deaf DEW) is a digger maniac because since he is not
distracted by noise, he gives 100% of its attention to digging.  We taped a
plastic runner in front of the entrance door.  He digs the plastic for long
periods.  He sometimes even pull the duct tape with its teeth.

I guess that with such ferrets, the best solution is to put a carpet patch
over the rug and change it when it is destroyed.  I also provide Boum Boum
with used bubble pack envelope.  DO NOT use the foam lined one though.  He
likes to scratch the bubble lining.  Our ferrets that never scratch the rug
also like to scratch those envelopes.

Lorraine Tremblay
Webmistress of Mustela Canada / Webmestre de Mustela Francia
Owner of the Ferret Curiosity Shop