From:
Joe Beiter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 1995 09:31:36 -0500
> I really take exception to a recent post that described the
> people involved as "Nazis" (see subject line).  This is exactly
> the wrong attitude to have.

I chose that word specifically. Had John Neil of Washington Co. Public Health
been true to his job he would have destroyed the ferret when it would have
aided in protecting the Child. Not when it was medically and scientifically
obviously after-the-fact. I see this as a clear misuse of his public power
to destroy someone's pet. Ignorance or even stupidity is no excuse for this
kind of incompetence. The man should be stripped and whipped in the public
square for other would be "ignorant officials with the power to kill your
pet".

These officials are paid and paid well to know what they are doing. If they
lack the ability to *know* what will and will not protect the public health
then I would say that is a clear indication the public is in danger by their
presence in that position.

A domestic baby ferret destroyed for fear of rabies.. I wanna spit.
We should be so careful when dealing with AIDS.