From:
Dan & Terri Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 17:58:37 -0400
I am posting this for someone else, whose name is also coincidentally
Terri.  Please contact her directly - I do not know her personally but
she gave her permission to post this, which I asked for since it includes
her phone #.

"Greetings fellow ferret lovers.  I am posting in a near desperate
situation.  My husband and I are moving, and to make a rather long story
short, the ferrets that WERE allowed, are not (dear mom, the ferret hater
intervened).

I am in Madison, WI, and am needing to place a total of 11 ferrets.
Currently they are set up in 4x3x2 cages, in groups of 5 and 6, but I do
have more cages in storage, and they could be broken into smaller groups
if needed.  Toys available as well...plastic tubes, a "well loved" slinky
tube, hammocks, water bottles, etc.  etc.

I am asking a nominal adoption fee, but my primary goal is that they find
either permanent homes, or a safe sanctuary until placement can be made
into a permanent situation.

I regret to say I am running out of time, and they need to go in the next
week or so, to avoid the shelter.  Any questions or offers to help, can be
directed to me ...Terri (crazy ferret mom), at either [log in to unmask], or
(608) 244-9433 (leave message please).  Before calling, please be prepared
to give a brief history of your ferret experience, as well as a veterinary
reference.  Thanks for your time, wish the furkids luck in their
adventure!!"

I found a list of shelters in Wisconsin and forwarded that to her.  If
anyone knows anyone who can help, please contact the other Terri!

Thanks,
Terri Scott
Rome, GA