From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 09:27:51 -0700
For anyone looking for a BACKPACK suitable for FUZZIES, I found one with a
built-in mesh window.  It's the most wonderful thing since sliced bread!

The designer says they made it so sneakers could "breath" and not mingle
with the rest of the packs contents!  I think the idea person is a ferret
owner who used the "sneaker" ploy to get a FERRET PACK into production!

The compartment is 9 inches deep, 14 inches across, and about 12 inches
high.  Or the soft material forming the compartment can be cut away, giving
access to the entire 9X14X17 backpack.  The mesh window is 9 inches across
and 6 inches high.  All closures are zippers - no drawstrings.  There's an
outside zippered compartment on each side, and a seperate zipper for the top
section.  Plus there's a flat mesh envelope style thing that velcros to the
inside back wall of the bag, so if you cut away the compartment liner, you
can still keep "stuff" seperated from the fuzzy.

If anyone has specific questions I haven't covered, just E-mail me, Georgia,
at <[log in to unmask]> & I'll respond.  It still needs to be outfitted with
a water source and litter container.

The only color is Black, with a little "computer screen blue" trim.  It
comes from Lillian Vernon at 1-800 285-5555, in Va.  Beach, VA.  The item
number for the Backpack is 964HHE.  The base price is $39.98 plus 6.98 S&H.
The total price of $46.96 is a little out of the K-Mart range, but hey, your
fuzzies are worth it!  Did I mention there is free monograming?  Three free
blue initials available.  FRT?  Now wouldn't they wonder at that!  Bags
stacked up all over the monograming room, orders from every state, and all
wanting the same initials!

For anyone who wants to see it, I'll be at the OFA meeting this weekend.

Georgia