From:
Hugo Morin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 10:24:50 -0500
Hi,
I'd like to thank everyone who answered my questions, you ave been very
helpfull.  I brought Diablo to the vet for his first visit.  the vet
examined him, he even took his temperature, wich Diablo didn't like, but
I don't blame him, I wound'nt have liked it either... hehe.  And he also
took some samples with a Q-tip to examine Diablo's anus and he didn't find
anything abnormal about him, except maybe his weigth which seemed a little
low at 180g for a 14 weeks old ferret.

I changed Diablo's diet from the hagen food for ferrets that came with the
cage to a balanced food for kittens and I'm glad to say that the little guy
seems to be gaining weight very fast.

About the lick, lick, chomp problem, I'm happy to see that I'm not the only
one with that problem.  When we pick Diablo up from his cage or before
going to sleep in our hands he starts to lick our hands and then tries to
take a bite.  I've found that he does not do this when we are playing.  He
his such a good little guy, when we play he never bites, he puts his teeth
on our hands but doesn't byte !  So I'm a little confused as to why he does
this.... What I do when this happens is I let him lick but as soon as he
bites I make him stop and I put my hand around his head and with the other
hand I keep his legs from pushing and the other hand.  I am very careful
not to hurt him.  He doesn't like that at all.  And he seems to get the
message after 2 or three times.  I can't wait till he stops for good...

But overall he's a good little ferret.  Since there I haven't found any pet
stores that carry a lot of stuff for ferrets I was thinking of ordering
some from the ferretstore at www.ferretstore.com.  I was woundering if
anything had any problems ordering from there with a credit card...
Please tell me of your good and bad experiences.

Again thanks to everyone.

Hugo & Julie
And Diablo of course !