From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 01:54:30 -0500
We've lost another baby.  Oso, whom some of you may remember from back in
August was only 6.5 years old.  I'm not sure if it was the virus we have,
or something else.  On Saturday, Isis crossed the bridge, so now at least
she has Oso to play with.

It's been an awful week. 1st Akasha was diagnosed with Lymphoma, then Isis
left, and now Oso too. I just sometimes feel so drained.

I want to say thank you to our vet Kevin who took time out of his sleep to
meet me at his clinic at 11pm to help Oso cross the bridge as well as Paige,
Kate and Rob who drove to the shelter last night to be with both Oso and I.

Loosing one baby is hard, but 2 in 3 days, well it's hard to describe.  I
feel so empty, but happy that neither of them are suffering any longer.

Oso was wrapped in Paige's sweat shirt. The same shirt her late Thunder
loved too. Now Thunder has someone to play with across the Rainbow Bridge.

Oso was a shelter ferret who came to us in June of last year.  His dad no
longer wanted him, and he had adrenal gland disease.  Oso should have died,
but was saved by our dear vet Kevin and lived the last 7 months of his life
in the shelter being loved and cuddled by everyone who had the pleasure of
meeting him.  He was a special boy, and I'll miss him...

Randy

The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick