From:
Donna Rulli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 1995 15:10:05 -0400
HI,

  I'm a bit behind in reading my FMLs, so I apologize for responding to an
August 6th newsletter.  However, I have 2 things to write about--one about a
fuzzy toy, the 2nd an inquiry about shelters.

   The toy--my boyfriend is an artist and a creator, so he can be very
ingenious when he puts his  mind to it.  For Christmas last year, he built a
ferret "tunnel" for my fuzzies, using PVC pipe.  It was in the shape of an
"8", and they loved it, esp. when you put a ball in there and they chase it
around the tunnel with their noses.  I believe the size pipe he used was 1/4
inch, because the tunnels are quite large.  After experimentation, we
discovered that smaller pipe could have been used.  Nonetheless, the fuzzies
love it, and we place it under the bed so it is out of the way.  The whole
figure 8 is almost the size of a queen sized bed.  If pcv pipe came in a
clear color I would recommend using that, so you can see them at play, but I
don't think that it comes in a clear color.

    My question -- does anyone know of any ferret shelters in NJ?  I know
there are some in Florida, from the hurricane postings on the FML.  A friend
of mine goes to shelters all the time, that's where she got her 2 cats and a
dog.  She has never seen ferrets in them, tho.

thanks!

Donna, Whitney and Oscar.