Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:37:26 -0800
I loved Lolli's post.  I am the same way when it comes to my fuzzies.
Many times I leave them home because of one family member or another, but
2002 is bringing in new policies for this weasel household.  The other day
I took Taz on my run to Home Depot and Petsmart.  He rode in the cart like
a pilot of an aircraft standing on two feet in the front as the breeze
blew in his ears.  HYSTERICAL!!  He was a hit everywhere we went.  Then
I took one of my most chumbly weasels, Jasper to my brother's birthday
dinner at my parents' house.  My mother freaked when she saw the carrier
and insisted that I take him home.  Her requests fell on deaf ears as I
went about setting the table.  Jasper ran around the house exploring
and spent alot of time in my lap sleeping.  The dinner went on without
incident except for a few weird looks from family members.  As we were
ready to go, my mom said, "Let me have him", and she gave him a goodbye
cuddle.  I think the more people are exposed to ferrets, understand that
they are NOT rodents and are as intelligent (if not more so) than dogs
and cats that they will continue to gain acceptance.

Kim and da fuzzbutts at
Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue & Respit

       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_   ferrets may nip, but people just suck.