From:
"Roberta \"Robin\" Page" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 18:56:45 EDT
Well, I got a new ferret today (this is a long tell).

Background- I gave my name to a local pet store, in case they had anyone
who wanted to give up the ferret(s).  None of the shelters in area will
take ferrets and we all know how people will get the cute baby without
knowing anything about them.

Thursday I got a call from a lady asking if I still took in ferrets.
Ofcourse I do.  She is a school teacher who had 4 ferrets in her room,
but bugs were getting in their food so she had to bring them home (her
husband would not let her keep them in the house).  She was able to find
homes for 3 of them, but for some reason no one wanted this little girl.
She is a cinnamon (I think), light brown with red tints.  Nancy (the lady
I got her from) has had her for 2 years and she was grown when she got
her, so we have no idea how old she is.  She is in bad need of a bath
and ear cleaning (hoping she does not have ear mites).  Nancy was trying
hard, but she does not know much about ferrets.  Feeding 8-in-1 food from
Walmart, but she gave me a lot of toys and ferret supplies.  Offered a
cage but you could tell it had been outside to long, rusted.  Also it was
one of those wire ones that are not good for their little feet.  A little
worried about that, she walks different from all my others.  This little
girl has never had a name, I'm sure that the kids called her something,
but nothing official.  We will be watching her for a few days to decide
what we will call her.

She does have some sores on her back, hoping that it is just from being
outside and the fact that there was cedar chips in the bottom of the
cage.  She is also under weight, but I'm sure with a good diet she will
put on some weight.  Any advise will help and will be taken in the spirit
given.

Robin and the gang of 10 (again)
missing Sprocket and Oreo