From:
"A. Abate/C. Kinsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 21:48:53 -0400
It seems as if every ferret we have taken in in the last two months has
been a severly neglected adrenal case.  Owners drop them off without
remorse, and also without a donation.  Even a local cat/dog rescue passed
along two adrenal ferrets.  They charged the original owner $50 to take
them in.  They asked us to take the ferrets, which we did, but they did
not pass along the fee they charged.

We need your help.  We do 2 or 3 adrenal surgeries every couple of weeks.
Most of the money comes out of my pocket, as the shelter owner/operator.
I cannot keep up with the recent demand on my faltering finances.  Our vet
only charges $150 for an adrenal surgery.  We do all the post-op care at
the shelter as I am a vet tech.  I could do the two most urgent adrenal
ferrets if I could put together a few small donations--say $25 or so.
Can anyone spare a few dollars from the next paycheck?  Seems like everyone
is a millionaire these days except shelter operators.  We have to turn to
you who love ferrets as we do, to help us out when luck and the lottery
fail us!  You can e-mail our shelter at [log in to unmask]
or write us at

Ferret Rescue of the Western States,
P.O. Box 15194,
Colorado Springs, CO 80935.
All inquiries/donations will be acknowledged and most gratefully received.

Carolyn Kinsey