From:
Denise Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 23:50:00 -0400
For the person who posted about ants:
Last summer, we had a problem with ants in our house.  I was reluctant to
use any ant killer for fear it would harm Poncho.  I bought an ant killer
by Raid (I think) that is desuigned to be placed around the outside of your
house.  They are little round thingums (I'm getting technical here, huh?)
that are secured to the ground with stakes.  I placed them around the areas
that I had noticed were "ant highways", and our problem soon disappeared.
Also, regarding the cinnamon idea, an herb book I have also suggests using
pennyroyal ( a kind of mint), rue or tansy to deter ants.  Pennyroyal is
also listed as a mouse and flea deterrent.  Apparently it doesn't kill
them, -- they just don't like the scent.

Second, Buster(a sable) developed a yellow tinge to his underfur as well as
little orange spots on his skin, then started to lose his hair.  His problem
turned out to be fleas.  We treated him and Poncho and flea bombed the house
(the boys stayed with my mom for the day).  Buster's bald spots filled back
in and the orange spots went away, but his fur in those places still looks
yellowish.  I'm waiting to see if that goes away when he's finished shedding
his winter coat.

Next-- Austin alert!!  Beware, Austin is looking for ferret math and cannot
find it!  Stray fuzzies venturing too close to Austin's Texas hidout will be
assimilated.  If Austin visits your house "looking" for a lost fuzzy,
administer a "pat down" before he departs the premises!  This subject should
be considered two-armed and desperate (that broken arm "sling" is just a pet
carrier in disguise) ;^ )

Actually, Austin, good luck in your search for another furball (or two or
three...)

Denise