From:
carolyn johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:16:45 -0500
After a long battle with lymphosarcoma, Sara Ferret went to join her
friends over the Rainbow Bridge.  If anyone can remember this was the
little girl who was diagnosed with the disease two years ago and given
only a few months to live.  She beat the odds and lived over 2 years
longer fighting all the way.  Sara was not a lovable ferret.  We had
another name for her that is not printable in family oriented letters.

She was courageous and not a cute pretty ferret.  I am really surprised
that the pet shop owners didnt send her back to MF (I guess) as she had a
very small head (not the usual size ferret head).  She had the
disposition of a snake.  My daughter had bought her and then found out
that the landlord who for some reason would accept an eight foot iguana
would not accept a tiny fuzzie.  So Sara came into our lives.  I knew zip
about ferrets, but Sara patiently taught me--destroying the underparts of
my couch--I am amazed as to how much cotton she removed without the couch
caving in.  Surprise, surprise--we ended up with eight ferrets over the
years and now now our first ferret has left us to join her buddies,
Igloo, Baby, and Maxie over the Rainbow Bridge.

Sandee, please check for her--she despises raisins, loves white socks
attached to feet, and burrowing under covers.  She also ignores litter
pans.  She was our first, but the four who are left are very quiet today
as if they know.  Sara had to be caged separately as her brain said you
are in heat constantly--she was spayed before she moved here, so after
her two cage mates passed on she was by herself.  Tell her how much I
miss her and how sorry we are that we had to put her to sleep gently
held, as she was totally paralyzed.  Before she went to the vet we held
her gently by her water dish and let her drink her fill and she was so
thirsty and now she has no more pain.

But our hearts are so very heavy now

ferretsey