From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 12:37:51 -0400
Although I knew we had them, it was confirmed today that we have dry wood
termites, many, many dry wood termites.

That means that the house has to be tented, which means what in the heck do
I do with 20 ferrets, divided into 4 groups, no one group will get along
with another.

They cannot be taken to a motel even if they were allowed in one because
I would have to break down 4 cages & haul them with, set them back up &
when it was time to come back break them back down, & set them back up
again.  I might be able to sneak by without doing that for 2 cages, but
the other 2 would have to be taken apart & it takes at least one hour to
set up one cage, minimum.  Then small matter of ferret proofing a motel
room, & bringing cleaning supplies to clean carpet when there are litter
box misses.  And what do you do about carpet diggers, & curtain climbers?
And of course there is the small matter of even being able to afford a
motel for that long.

We would have to be out of the house from Sunday night to sometime
Thursday.  I believe you should open windows & air the house out before
putting animals back in, This is our rainy season, which means there are
storms most every day & we are rapidly moving into the time of year when
the hurricanes are most active & coming our way.  Our luck is not good
enough to escape a bad storm, which I have no doubt would hit on Thursday.

Are there any other problems?  Yes, eleven house birds + cages which
include 1 loud Amazon & 1 much louder B&G Macaw & several not so loud,
but loud enough birds.  And then there is the 6 cats & 4 kittens.  No
problem with the one old, small housedog & the 6 outside dogs.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels