From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 14:49:18 -0500
Hey Folks,

Well, midterm is officially over.  I think I heard a very loud collective
sigh of relief sometime this afternoon.

On the way out from school I got the chance to see big cats out in their
cages.  Yep, the circus has come to town and the cats were out in the sun
in the parking lot.  Very cool.  Very impressive animals.

The ferrets rescued my sanity last night.  They decided I was rereading
Frost, Eliot, Yeats and Porter way too much and kept attacking me.  I
finally succumbed to their attention and got down on the floor to act like
a ferret.  My friend Candy says all the ferrets accept me as one of their
own and this is why I am good with the biters.  They just think I am a big
fat ferret woman.  It has nothing to do with the fact that I jump around
making funny noises or that I eat raisins when I dole them out to the crew.
Not a thing.  Or that fact that I have big piles of "good" stuff all over
the house.  hehe.

OK, maybe I was too strong when I said slave labor.  Already got a note
about that.  Just because I won't return a couple of ferrets.  Well, what
can I say?  I don't want to break their little ferrety hearts now do I?
Yes folks, it is all in good fun.

Miss Stella is putting on winter weight.  This is not a good sign folks,
she is a little tiny petite woman who *never* gains weight in the winter.
I am thinking of investing in a snowmobile.  If they have anything to say
about it, it is going to be a very cold winter.  We had a freeze last night
here, although the daytime temps are still wonderful.

A good thing to use for fert bedding is velux blankets.  You can cut
them into smaller pieces, they won't come apart.  And you can wash them
repeatedly in hot water, they last a long time.  I buy the twin size and
cut them into 3-4 smaller pieces for the ferret's dresser.  Yes, they have
their own dresser and sleep in the drawers.  They seem to love this bedding
over toweling, shirts, or just about anything else.

hugs and good wishes to all,

Mo' Mags

"Flops are part of life's menu and I'm never a girl to miss out on a
course."   Rosiland Russell