From:
"Jill T. Endicott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 22:44:13 EDT
The Sustical or Ensure for people.  I use it to mix up my duck soup, it
works really well on getting weight up.  I saved my 6 yr old "Cecil" from
ECE with it, it was so high in protein.

My duck soup:
1 cup Totally Ferret
1 1/2 cups pedialyte (fruit flavored) Or gatorade if you need the extra
  carbohydrates
2 sml cans Hills A/D
8 oz Sustical (lactose free - vanilla) or can use Ensure
2 T ferretone
1 sml jar chicken baby food

Grind the dry food to a powder in blender, add pedialyte and puree.  When
thin add remaining ingredients and blend all till well mixed.  Then pour
into ice cube trays and freeze.  Once frozen can put in freezer bags or
freezer containers and keep for quite awhile.  This way you have it on hand
any time it's needed.

To serve - thaw in microwave, stir and serve warm.

My sick babies have gotten better on this and once I got Cecil over being
sick, I continued to give him a cube a day until his weight went back up.
He was almost four lbs and dropped to 1 3/4, now he's at 3 lbs and with the
summer I've been satisfied with that.

Jill "Odin" & "Cecil"