From:
Gail Elsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:19:15 -0400
Fox's biopsy results came back.  The lumps that were removed were lymph
nodes, however no cancerous cells were found.  She just hat a really bad
infection.  The vet said they definitely needed to be removed as they
were swollen to the point of being dangerous for rupturing.  She looks
good, all bruising is gone, and seems to feel good.  Don't know if it was
the surgery, but she seems fine.  Now, her glucose was normal today, but
was not normal (58,48, 59)for 3 days in a row before surgery.  However,
her insulin level was low.  Vet says the lymph nodes were positive for
lymphoconic infection?  Has to do with having an infection, and then the
lymph nodes get swollen and infected themselves, I think.  Honestly, I
have no clue what is going on.  All I know is that she feels better!

Timon was fine at the vets over the weekend due to a week of runny stools
and being "off." Sat.  had diarrhea and presenting with rubbing the face
and possible grinding after eating or medicating w/ carafete (2.5 cc
daily) spread over the course of the day (3 times .83 cc), Sunday no
diarrhea or grinding.  However, he had it again today.  Vet thinks it is
either ulcers caused by helicobacter--the common one for ferrets or his
teeth, as when he called me today, he was pawing at his teeth and rubbing
his face, but only after being medicated and fed.  He heaves after
medication and chicken gravy (hates it), but is not eating much.  Grrr.
This is annoying me!  He is supposed to go back in Wed. if he hasn't
improved.