From:
*Jessica * <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 16:42:31 GMT
I have a ferret who had been having problems eating and swallowing, so the
vet put her on antiobiotics, and said she had an infection.  It came back,
and so she took the medicine for longer, and it came back again, so this
time the vet said she felt a lump in the liver, and she has cancer!  Now
she is not even 2 years old, and she said that it was really unusual.  She
said we can do a biopsy to see exactly what it is, but that it wouldn't be
much help.  She also said chemotherapy would be too hard since she was so
small.  It still doesn't explain the swallowing problem, and she doesn't
know what it is.  Another vet, without seeing her yet, said maybe lymphoma.
She is going to the second vet tomorrow, so we'll see what he says.  The
impression I got so far from my regular vet is that there is nothing that
can be done except euthanaisa.  if she seems to be suffering.  Right now,
she seems happy and fine, except for the weight loss, but she is eating!
Right now she is still on the antibiotics, and we are waiting to decide
what to do.  By tomorrow, I will have more information.  I'm sure there
are people here who have had something similar, and any advice would be
appreciated.  Thank you.

Jessie