From:
lynn love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:16:22 -0700
Ya'll,
I called the Animal Warden today in regard to the conditions of the ferts
at the Fairfax City Petco.  They visited and called me back.  I had told
them of the conditions of the fuzzies and she, warden, didn't see this.  Of
course, cuz I had already clipped the nails, gave them toys, and suggested
dry food also.  They still have all these things in the cage.  She did
state that the were all kinda mean, she got bit a few times.  I asked her
if she was familiar with ferrets and she said a bit.  I explained that if
they were handled more, as in what their mission statement decrees, than
they wouldn't bite so much.  Well, this Petco is now on their HOT list
and will be checked more frequently.

On another note, I visited the Petco in my area, Bailey's Crossroads, to
see if they were keeping up since I called their DM in June.  They are
doing a little better.  2 problems though.  One of the managers, Robert,
does not allow the staff to play with ANY of the animals very often, and
as a result...WE have a new fert.  From what I understand they were going
to have this one put down.  He is VERY MEAN.  Bites and Squeals.  I
convinced the assistant manager to sell him to me for the Vet costs, in
the hope we could rehabilitate him.  It was easy to convince him, I had
to embarass him into it.  Saying things like they wouldn't be in this
situation if they allowed their staff time to handle their animals.  And
asking if he had ever read the mission statement.  Wasn't pretty.  But now
we have an incrediably thin little boy who loves the taste of blood.  No
name yet but Dracula comes readily to mind.  When I get the film developed
I'll post.

I don't know about other areas, but Petco in this area gets their ferts
from Animals Ect.  in Delran New Jersey.  Not marshals.  To my knowledge,
I have never seen a Marshal fert.  I know about their tattoos but still
haven't seen it.

Thanks,

Lynn, Irish, Daisy, and HIM