From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 14:30:16 -0400
Well, I got two replies this morning.

One was a marvelous one from Barbara Clay who has rescued the ferrets
from the recent non-secret seizure offering her help for further
guidelines.  Even in her short note she had two excellent points!  I
have to take them before the others for consideration before they can
be included since this is a joint effort, so I guess that I'll note
additions after the fact as they get included and hope that doesn't
confuse anyone, or I'll carry the updated entire thing to the FML then
so that folks can see it as completed, or both.  That will have to be
discussed, too.  We had written to Barbara with the entire rough list
of guidelines so far -- before releasing the guidelines to the FML for
further suggestions -- and if she had wanted them held till later we
would have done so, but she applauded the work and offered her help,
being as good as her word with those two great comments.  Barb, you are
a TREASURE!

The other was from someone who will remain unnamed who gifted us with
a four letter word diatribe.  Oh, well, some people like to make
assumptions and I've noticed that when that happens they commonly assume
the worst.  There's nothing that anyone can do about that if it's a
characteristic of the individual; if it isn't then it's up to the person
to try to acquire a bit of self control and ask careful questions first
before making judgements.

Suggestions for inclusion are appreciated.  It's an on-going IFC project
which we've been working on for a while, and I have to take suggestions
to the others who know more about the topic for consideration.  Please,
send them to me at <[log in to unmask]> and then I'll do that.  I've
been told the addy may be having trouble and I asked support at optonline
to repair it.  If you send something that gets bounced, then, please, try
<[log in to unmask]>; it's a piggyback to the other addy but...

Anyway: here is the DURING portion of the guide for legal seizure
situations.  This is the part where I personally learned the most (since
I'm just the compiler) from those more knowledgeable offering the
information.  As before, not all sections will fit all seizures and we
are seeking further help in making this as good as it can get to help
ferrets and shelters as much as possible.