From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 04 Jul 2009 22:33:08 -0400
Dear Joe,

It was a early and lovely summer evening here at the Bridge. And while
yes we do have summers, they are the dreamy sort of summers that are
nice and enjoyable, and are a comfy sort of warm where it that makes
everyone feel nice and lazy and ready for a refreshing cup of something
cool with just a sprig of mint in it. At any rate, I was sitting on
my porch, with a few of my brothers and sisters, enjoying that nice
chilled glass of ferretone, when I saw Hobbes coming my way.

I remember seeing him crest the hill to my cottage and so I knew there
was a greeting to be done, so I sat down of glass of ferretone and went
to hug him, and as I gently wrapped my paws around him, and held him
close, I chanced a look over his shoulder and also cresting the hill -
if you can believe it - where HUNDREDS of ferrets and each and everyone
of them was carrying a single sock!

I stood back from Hobbes and asked him what was going on! He just
laughed at the look on my face and said as clear as day, "Ever hear of
the Heavenly Kouri Fan Klub?", and then he paused and giggled and then
threw his arm out towards the crowd and said, "Well here they are! And
they are here to help you greet a very special fur kid named Rowdy."

Well the next thing I knew I was in the middle of a crowd, of fuzz and
introductions were being made! There was Lily, and Stormy, and Harley
Bear (whose the Heavenly Korui Fan Klub's President) and there was
Jubilee, Niki, Liz, Minky, Geiger, Miss Dixie and Kit, and so many many
others. I was so overwhelmed at the amount of love and warmth that each
and every one of these ferrets had that I knew this greeting was going
to be something most wonderful. What made this day even better is that
is fell on the 4th of July and we ALWAYS have the most spectacular fire
works show up here.

Knowing this and wanting to make Rowdy's arrived as grand as possible I
quickly grabbed Hobbes and I asked him to get to the fire work fuzzits
and ask them to put of the usual fan fair until Rowdy arrived, because
I wanted to make this something special. Then we got everyone together
and off we went to the Bridge. It was really a wonderful trip too,
because our path was lined with forever sparklers. It was all so
festive and everyone was laughing and singing and just enjoying the
evening.

As we got to the bridge I found it was beautifully decorated in red,
white and blue bunting and there were sparklers everywhere to be seen.
So we all sat, holding our single socks close to our chest, wringing
them in anticipation - oh and Harley Bear was kind enough to loan me
one - and we waited. It took about 10 minutes but then the Bridge began
to glow this brilliant white and the fire works began to fire off and
then came Rowdy. His arrival was both as simple and as magnificent as
one can imagine, and then he was lost in a great crowd of love and fuzz
and everything good that comes from coming home back to heaven and the
Big Guy.

So I am reporting that he got here safely, and he is whole and he is
happy, but most of all he is surrounded by the love of every member of
the Heavenly Kouri Fan Klub!

In Love & In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah