From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 19:36:34 EST
This is for all the shelter folks out there.Yes,you are appreciated.

You can tell you're dealing with a shelter operator if :

they greet you at the door bent over,picking up a fresh present.

there is duck soup under the fingernails.

they have a total lack of wearable socks.

there are strange substances found in their hair,sometimes pink,but in a
variety of colors and flavors.

drinks are served in a cup with a lid and a straw.

some of the ice cubes in the freezer are brown in color.

you say you're hungry,and they offer you a brown semi liquid substance in
a small dish.

they roll you up in a blanket and stick a syringe in your mouth,and all you
wanted was two tylenol.

there are a lot of band-aids on their ankles and hands.

they are on a first name basis with the local ferret vet.

their visas are maxed out,and they're wearing worn jeans.

I know,some of these apply to ferret owners too,but in smaller
amounts.Let's face it,we're all fuzzy slaves.

Sandy,Jasmine,Taz,Honey and Sugar
Fosters Boris and Tasha
Missing,Chelsea and Valentine