From:
Amy Long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:06:27 EDT
I would like to thank all of my fellow posters who share their stories
and love of things great & fuzzie.  I have been on this list less than
a year and I have learned so much.  With regards to the Rainbow Bridge,
it is very reassuring to imagine such a place - a virtual ferret heaven.
When I had to help my Misty Mandy along to the otherside, I was laid up
in bed for almost three days - I was devastated.  I passed out on stage
in 9th grade (practicing for a chorus concert) at the exact moment that
my Lassie died at home.  My pets are my children by choice and also
because I cannot have children.  When someone asks me if I have kids, I
reply only if you include my 70lb Chusky (Chow/Husky).  I also have a
Basset/CockerSpaniel, 4 cats, 14 birds, fish, and of course my three
fuzzies.  Most of these are adopted, including the birds.

Like everything in life, there are things I may choose to skip on this
list.  I sometimes choose to skip over the lengthy medical questions and
I sometimes choose to skip the occasional Rainbow Bridge story.  But you
know what?  I also choose to skip over some of the email in my InBox.  I
choose to skip over some messages on my answering machine.  That's what
great about this - CHOICE.

I chose to attend the Ferret Frolic last weekend in State College and my
little girl who almost lost her life to some very misunderstood people,
placed in all three of her events.  She had a wonderful time!  Although
we chose to skip the best beggar competition, Mary went ahead and
conducted it anyway.

If something could not be published without satisfying the complete
interest of each and every person, it would be a very boring world
because there would be no newspapers, no books, no music, etc.

So post away my friends...there is this wonderful invention that I can
hold in my hand, it's tail attached to my server, and click, click, click
my way down through my emails.  Wouldn't life be very boring without
variety?  I mean I have a sable, champagne (I think), and a silver blaze
but I can choose to not adopt a color such as possibly a DEW.

Be Well...and no, I will not be insulted in the least if you are bored
with this post and choose to click past it :)

...Amy w/Sable, Princess, and my Honey Bear.

PS...yes, having birds & thus spilled birdseed does attract some pets I'd
rather not have.  And yes, my cats & my ferts have sensed that and have
provided me with "presents".  Ferrets are born hunters who need to have
their senses teased the same as turtles & fish or lizards & crickets.
You know what?  That is part of life, but I choose not to do it.