From:
Adrienne Boerger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 07:30:14 PDT
that I was kicking someone when they are down):
I just thought I should mention that my intention was not to direct my
opinion to the CA situation because as I stated, I don't know the details.
I DID take the opportunity to state my opinion about individuals asking for
money because someone else brought it up in regard to the CA situation but
I also didn't mean to solely direct my opinion there.  I still think that
if an individual takes on a problem though, that it isn't right to make
others pay for it.  But it appears that the CA situation was a shelter and
if this is the case, it's a fuzzy (excuse the pun) line in my opinion.
It's still a risk to do this but at the same time, it's not as unreasonable
to ask for financial assistance.

I was using the dinner thing as an example of where priorities get mixed
up and I hope it came across that at that point in my post I was
*generalizing* and giving an example (just as someone did in today's FML
about the people with dogs and no money for baby formula).  Another
example: I had a roommate once who could never pay the bills but could
ALWAYS afford a new pair of shoes.

For the record, I do feel more of an obligation to help when it's a
shelter, not just an individual with too many ferrets than they can pay
for.  But I will say that the line blurs sometimes.

I'm sorry if I insulted anyone personally, but I was trying to express my
opinion in general.

Adrienne