Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:17:45 -0800
Thought I'd send a **happy news* post, 'cause sometimes folks (and me too)
read such sad news on FML

First, I have to brag about my G3 300 mg powerbook..my ole SI ll is on its
last legs (ok not really, I just wanted a new retirement toy) so my sons,
mac programming geeks that they are, helped me get a new way fast mucho
memory powerbook..suddenly my 'computer room' got much bigger and it's
about to become a ferret room!

Now for the ferret good news...the 3 rehab rescues (they were biters, had
been caged forever and totally afraid of people).  Bismarck, my big ole'
boy this morning, doing 'ferret in the sock' and ferret in the towel (aka
ferret burritos) when Daphne (DEW) came actually dooking over to me..she
is a sweety, but does not know how to play..today both she and Daisy got
it..it clicked for them, they wardanced and dooked and wanted to play
ferret in the sock and ferret burrito and be tickled and do carpet
shark..It actually brought tears to my eyes to see these timid neglected
duo learn to be ferrets.

Shy Violet still hides under things, but she was watching, she now will let
me pick her up as long as she gets to smell my hand first, and I haven't
been bitten for going on 2 weeks (thanks to the Ferret Goddess).  Also.
Angel Baby is doing well..gaining weight and no longer needs to be forced
with either food or water.  This has been a 4 month siege and I thought she
might not make it, but I had great help from Chris of the Oregon Ferret
Shelter in support and babysitting the sickly while I was gone.

elle
Amelia and Stormy (we have nothing to say except "Keep the ferts off our
chair")
Angel Baby .."Thanks Mom..I feel better..lets lay on the couch and cuddle"
Bismarck and Wilhelm..the big ole boys "We need another big ole boy
here.,.those girls are ganging up on us"
Daphne "Of course I could play, I just didn't want to"
Daisy "I'd rather eat slugs than chocolate, but chocolate covered slugs
might be nice"
She Violet "Is it safe for me yet?"