From:
John Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2008 01:30:16 -0500
Gordon, I agree that the type of water feeder you are using has it's
advantages, as you said. There is however not just one advantage to
those water bottles with the 'double-ball' stop in the tube. It keeps
the cage floor & any bedding nearby DRY. The bottle also has to be
"almost" perfectly vertical to work correctly. The bottle should be
kept full, as the "fuller" the bottle, the "lesser" the drip when not
in use! (I'm a rocket scientist, so I know these things!!).....

One other thing, depending on how long it takes "a gallon" of water to
empty out with your system, and whether or not you have 'well' water or
'city' water, the water should be changed at least every other day, due
to bacteria and other things. I'm actually a retired water tech from a
Municipal water system, and this was one of the 3 things I remember
from my 25 yrs there! LOL!.....

IMO, your system is the way to go, if allowable

As for "Peekaboo", my "follically challenged" DEW, "Lukey", who crossed
the bridge on 2/9/07, would "paw" at the tube of his water bottle with
his right foot about 10x, then taste the water, and maybe "wipe" it
again 5 or 6 times more, before he drank his fill!!......I think the
both of them are/were just trying to pull a little "fresher" water
toward the rim/tube end! I'm going out on a limb here, but I bet that
"Peekaboo" loves to dig in wet or moist soil when allowed too!! Could

Dooks to all........hope all your fuzzies are well!!........

John Rich N.J. USA. "WHO KNEW THAT ANGELS SHED.....?"

john rich <[log in to unmask]>