Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:35:45 -0400
Greetings to all... It has been a few weeks since my last post... no
land line or computer kind of puts a crimp in Ecom, eh?

A few months ago I posted a Happy 10th Birthday for my old lady Bonnie,
and some of you folks sent her birthday greetings... Thank you all for
that! I know it gave her a smile!

By way of update on my Baby-Boy and his transfusion treatments, my
last post informed of his progress after his first two.... his RBC had
climbed from 8 to 15, and his vet was very encouraged by the climb in
the number and the fact that he had maintained it. His next transfusion
was scheduled for the following week where another RBC was done prior
to the transfusion proceedure. Much to our dismay, it had fallen below
his first count of 8, back to 7 ... At this point, we knew that the
transfusions were more than likely not going to take for him.. we
decided to give him injections of a bone-marrow booster (forgive me -
I forget the name of it..) as a last resort... over the course of the
next 3 days I watched him become weaker and weaker until he became
unable to make his litter pan. He looked at me with embarrassment and
pleading, and I granted him his request...

If loosing this sweet boy wasn't bad enough, Bonnie chose the same day
to ask for release as well... We went on a little ride to my vet's
office at the end of the day, and as these two beloved Kids went to the
Bridge together, while I held Baby, my vet had tears in her eyes as she
held Bonnie. There are no words to describe grief x 2 even tho many of
us know it only too well.

I want to THANK - FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, EVERYONE, without whose
kindness and donations my boy Baby would not have had the extra 2
weeks, and Bonnie would not have been a famous FML Birthday Girl for
a day.