From:
Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 14:19:21 -0500
Well, I must say...this is the worst year for donations and the busiest
year we have had on an overwhelming amount of unwanted and especially
sick ferrets.  I have been sheltering now since January, 1997 and in
these 5 years, have experienced more illness and death than I have known
my entire life.  It has been an emotional roller coaster and many times
have I wanted to quit but pursued for fear of what might happen to so
many circumstance ferrets.

We pulled money from every where we possibly could, maxed our credit and
have went without or settled for seconds for far too long.  If it was
not for the tiring efforts of a small group from TriFL members who so
generously give of their time, money, sacrifices to continually raise
money for the shelters medical bills, and the few personal donations we
receive annually and disaster donations, we could not have lasted as long
as we have.  (We are so full-heartedly grateful and thank you so very,very
much.)  Just to operate on a daily basis (does not include our personal
ferrets) averages $300.00 dollars a month, give or take a dollar or two.
This does not include medical expenses which have sky-rocketed this year
above all others.

No one asked us to do this.  We do this because we care and want to
help.  But unfortunately, we have done without, scrimped to pay bills and
sacrificed in every aspect of our lives with very little help from anyone
except TriFL and a few others.  Christmas is here again and there is no
money at all.  For the 25 breeder ferrets to be spay & neuter, vaccines,
we need $2500.00- 3000.00 to get these done.  There are 6 ferrets waiting
for surgery but vet bills are still unpaid and the extension of credit has
limits also.  Medications are expensive and most of the shelter ferrets
are old timers/sick babies on meds for the remainder of their life.  We
so desperately need your help.

Santa Paws is the biggest fundraiser that helps the shelters ever-growing
medical bills.  Shari has been asking/begging for volunteers for over a
month now, with little or no response.  I am begging you also, please,
please help?.  We don't want to have to close our doors permanently but
it is to the point that we just cannot afford to continue.

Can you afford a dollar a day to help save the life of a ferret, or
just 50 cents a day?  That's $15.00-$30.00 a month that will sponsor
one or two ferrets life expenses.  It isn't a lot from you but it means
everything/life to a ferret.  Without your help, we will have to close
our doors and this is something that will effect 1000's of ferrets.  Show
how much you care by donating your time to fund raisers, a one time
donation, monthly or annual sponsorship/donation.

Christmas is the time for giving/sharing.  Let the holiday spirit move you
to give today.

Thank you in advance.

Diane Campbell & all the Ferret's at Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven

Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven, Inc.  is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
All donations are tax-deductible.  Please request receipt at time of your
contribution.