From:
Dave Garvin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 1994 17:35:33 -0500
Howdy Y' all:

        I am curious if anyone has had any problems lately with their
ferrets not eating their Iams dry cat food.  We had been using Iams kitten
food religiously, but it seems that the company decided to switch to a
different formula.  The result was that our girls stopped eating.  In fact,
Stick decided that a cotton rug in the room tasted better.  We finally gave
up waiting for them to eat the new stuff, since it was clear that they were
going to starve to death.  So, we switched them to Science Diet kitten
food, which they started eating soon after they were introduced to it.  A
side note to this is that we noticed that when they eat now, they do not
leave as many crumbs as with trhe Iams.  Must have to do with the shape of
the food.  Sounds like a physics dissertation project to me!!
        I would like to second the use of dryer hose as a play toy for
ferrets.  We have had this stuff lining the girls' room for a few years
now, and the girls love it for playing and also sleeping in.  It is also
easy to fetch lost itemns from it by simply lifting it up on one end.

Ciao - Dave and the girls