Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:14:59 -0700
I am soooooo frustrated right now...I have to tell someone this story.
Last night after finishing a pet store information table one of our key
volunteers had his car broken into.  As if it wasn't bad enough that they
stole the change in the ashtray, they then opened the information table
box and stole the money from our donation jar which totalled about
$50.00.  Our volunteer had left the box in the car as he was going to
deliver it to the information table coordinator in the morning and
thought it was safe with the car parked outside of the house and almost
directly under a street light.  To have the nerve to steal is bad enough
but to knowingly steal money that belongs to the ferrets?!  This money
was almost enough to pay for one set of vaccinations for a rescue ferret
who is need of REAL help!  They had to have known who the money was for
because they took the time to unscrew the lid and only take the bottom
part of the jar which had a very large label indicating it was from the
Ferret Rescue & Education Society.  So now we know that they were really
low and didn't just take someone's money but they took money from these
special fuzzies who only want to love and be loved.

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to vent to people that I know
understand how every dollar raised is valued since it is one more dollar
that can go directly to help save one more ferret.

Lorene Kimura
Volunteer
Ferret Rescue & Education Society

Phone: (403) 567-FRES