From:
daniel pelletier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 07:47:31 -0500
hi all! dooks to all.

well i said never, never, never!  but what can i say, my 8 week old baby
girl made me a lierand i guess a new dad.  her name is esmeralda, like the
beautifull girl everyone wants in the french opera "notre-dame de paris".
she is a sable, spayed and descented, hyper active (i think they had her
on speed at the place i got her), and nips only when i put my hand in the
cage, but once she is in my hands (my hands only, she stops nipping), she
learned to use the litter after 10 hours and 2 poops gone array, stole 3
socks in 4 days, scared my dog shitless (sorry for the language), and
learned that if she snuggles after play, she gets feretone and a good
scratch behind the ears.

I also learned a few things; put clean socks away and dirty socks in the
laundry basket, keep the dog away from esmeralda during play-time, pick
her up as soon as my hand is in the cage, and give her lots of love after
play time.

I might have a few questions that need to be answered in the next few
weeks, as i am new to having a baby ferret.  i have a 6 year old white
black-eyed fuzzy right now.  the only question i have i guess for now
is:"is it a good idea to put bitter apple on my hands when i put my hands
in her cage when i have to give her water and food, or is she just
protecting her turf?  because, ideally, if someone were to babysit her
(like a mom who is as afraid as the dog right now to even touch her
because she can be nippy in her cage) i wouldn`t want the person to be
bitten.

ok i talked enough.  feel free to write back to me and\or to post your
i check the fml less these days, sorry...)

thanks in advance,
v.m.