From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 20:21:56 EDT
Dear fellow FMLers..

First of all deepest sympathies to all who have lost loved furred ones..

On Tuesday morning I had a heart attack.  I was in the hosptial until
this morning (Saturday) I had to have a stint in one of my heart arteries
to open it up again.  The "good news" about all this is the damage to my
heart was very slight.  All my EKGs came out negative which means little
damage.  It was an experience which I could have done without but it was
a wake up call of sorts.  If I want to stay here on Earth with my frets
I'd better shape up a bit or my lease will be terminated...so... Hello to
all kinds of changes and good bye to my occassional cigar which yes I
will miss.  But I choose life and so ...

Anyhoo I was having pains on my recent trip to Virginia.  I did't get to
meet many folks down that way as I thought I was having a bout of GURD
and was living on antacids and the like but was really heart related...oh
well I should have caught that one but it really responded to antacids
so....I thought it was just Gastric Reflux which I have had before...but
no it weren't... OH well.  Life is for the learning so on we go!!!

On a sad note, We have lost our two oldsters, Mimi and Shara.  Mimi was
11 and Shara was almost ten.  Our lil Silver mitt Drew is in the hosptial
right now too so please keep him in your prayers and good thoughts.  He
either has a terrbile kidney infestion or a kindey tumor.  He is
responding to IV therapy a bit and will be in the hospital all weekend.
Poor lil guy.  He is such a sweet lil guy too.  Always bouncing around
the ferret room taking on "all comers.."  Drew has never put a fang on
anyone tho but loves to act like the big bad ferret... You all know the
type.  And folks still wonder why "I spend so much time and money on a
bunch of dam weasels".  (Which by the way is a direct quote one a friend
of mine)  I told him because they bring me so much joy and add a thing of
beauty to my life.  He thought for a minute and then replied..."well if
that is the case then I guess Ican understand it.."  As if I NEEDED him
to validate my love for frets...LOL.  I told him to take a hike...LOL.
We are good friends but he doesn't really take time to understand
anything beyond his own beliefs.  OH well.... Anyway please remember
Drew and look up tonight and behold the newest stars at the Bridge as
you will see two new ones named Mimia and Shara.

Fred Hurd

After All It Is For The Ferrets!!!