Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 09:52:58 -0500
Hi,
This is in response to Cathy's post about never hearing about the good
things in ferret ownership.

As a fairly new ferret owner, I have been contemplating unsubbing from this
list.  It is so negative all the time.  I never hear of the good stories,
just how everyone's ferret is sick and dying or has already crossed over to
the rainbow bridge.  Its really making me question whether I want to give
my heart to any more ferrets.  Losing the ones that own me is going to be
so terribly hard, I just can't imagine them suffering with sickness and
from the posts I have read, it sounds like all my ferrets are going to get
ill sooner rather than later and I'm going to lose them.  This is highly
upsetting for me, and if I had known that there was a very high incidence
of ferret diseases in ferrets that (to me) are still really young, I
probably wouldn't have adopted my first ferret, let alone the 4 others
that I later adopted.  So guys, please tell me that there are healthy,
non-adrenal, non-insulinoma, just plain non-cancerous ferrets out there.

Let's hear some good healthy stories for once.

What is the longest and oldest ferret that you have ever owned or heard of?
Tell us some stories, some HAPPY stories.

BTW, I posted earlier last week about the ferret that had swelling of the
neck.  Well, its nothing major, he's just too fat for his own good.  Vet
gave him a clean bill of health.  I hope to be owned by this big hefty boy
for another 9 or 10 yrs.

Alicia