From:
belphebe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:45:58 -0700
Sukie,

Thank you for that information on preparing for disasters. It is very
helpful advice.

I'm not sure what I would do if a disaster struck my area. I do not
have my own vehicle so driving myself and my ferrets to safety is not
an option. I have no relatives nearby to stay with and most emergency
shelters don't allow pets.

Just this morning I saw a report on the flooding in Ohio and wondered
if the people managed to get their pets to safety as well as
themselves. Your advice about providing your own escape vessel makes
perfect sense.

I need to work out a plan for if a disaster happens. My area is one
that could get hit by an earthquake, so that is what I need to think
about.

Thanks,
Inez