From:
Heidi Lynne LePak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 23:38:14 -0700
Greetings fellow FML'ers!

It has been a bit over a day since Bandit went in for his surgery and, I
am thrilled to report so far, he is doing wonderful!  Now, I realize that
the mass removed from his side is in the process of being tested, but we
have the comforting knowledge that whatever fate awaits him, we've jumped
on it during the earliest stages we could.

Imagine this: a five pound ferret, proud and handsome sable that Bandit
is, with a CORSET around his ample middle!  I thought for sure I would
have an opportunity to get a snapshot or two of this hilariously sad
sight ... Bandit's ferrety fashion statement was placed there for a
three-week stint, but alas ...

Five hours after the bandage was secured, Bandit was found snoozing
happily in a pile of his ferret brothers and sisters WITHOUT the bandage.
However, said bandage was lying a mere ferret-arm's length away, still
shaped like Bandit's midsection.

Although it was merely a surface incision to remove a subcutaneous mass,
the subsequent wound and stitches looks quite ugly ... the shaved area a
shocking contrast to the pure beauty of Bandit's self- groomed coat.  It
seems he is not even aware of the area as he has not been seen biting,
licking, or scratching it at all.

You'll know when I know what, if anything, becomes of Bandit's Biopsy...

Thanks for listening!

Heidi Lynne LePak, R.Ph.
Pharmacist, Ferret Mom, and WebMistress
http://www.extremeweezils.com/