From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 13:24:44 -0700
Hi folks!  Just getting my daily dose of fuzzy news when I came across
Judy Cooke's "If I were a ferret" post.

Had to answer this one.  If I were a ferret, the first thing I would do,
most likely, is wake up.  Stretch, yawn.  (One of those big yawns, where
the tongue curls up and you wonder if they are EVER going to get their
mouth closed again after that...)  Scratch behind my ears, yeah, that feels
pretty good.  Eat some food, stash some food, drink some water, dig some
water... Then I'd really get down to business.  (Pun intended.)  First, I
would make sure everything is where it was the last time I did the rounds,
then I would carefully move everything I could move from the place it was
to the place I want it to be.  Just so.  Next, some dancing and dooking.
Then for the kisses from...me?  Oh well, I guess I'd have to find my own
mamma.  At the end of it all, of course, I would curl up contentedly in a
leg of those pants I haven't been able to fit in for two years.  Sounds
like a plan to me.  Oh, I know this thread was woven out a while ago, but
I was watching my ferrets sleep the other day, and I decided that though
a group of active ferrets is quite aptly named a business, a group of
sleeping ferrets should be called...a puddle.  What do you think?

Melissa Barnes
www.geocities.com/lostferrets