From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:34:51 -0700
If it were me I would wait as long as possible to see if the meds
shrink down the prostate (or whatever they are going to do) to enable
him to urinate better. The thing is you should be able to feel if his
bladder is constantly rigid or not. If it is - and he is not visibly
urinating - then obviously as you know it's an emergency. As long as he
is eating and drinking on his own and you see him pee every few hours -
I would let it go. I probably hold on longer than others but that is
what I would do. How long are you away from him on a daily basis? Is it
possible to make it any more obvious when he has urinated (or do you
have other fuzzies as well?)

Laryssa