From:
Elizabeth Draus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 1996 15:09:13 -0400
Hello everyone!  I'll get right to the point (all of them).  I have two
small questions.  Since I just got my two little ladies yesterday, I'm a bit
anxious at every sneeze and cough.

First, both seem to have greenish poops. I don't have any normal poops to
compare them to, but they don't seem to be slimy or liquidy, just green. I
checked the ferret FAQ but it's pretty vague regarding discolored stools.

Second, do ferrets pant?  Yesterday they were getting all worked up and they
started breathing heavily.  I thought dogs were the only ones who panted!

Third, just when one plopped down tiredly, I picked her up and noticed a
pink section of fur.  There's no pink on her skin, it's just like someone
dyed her fur in that place.  It's not blood colored at all.  My hypothesis
is this: I had a red shirt in with them, and I suppose it's colors bled from
the water bottle.  Is that reasonable?  I took that chirt out and haven't
noticed any more dyed areas of fur.

Thanks a bunch!

Luvs and Raisins,
The Sable Sisters and