Date:
Sun, 14 May 2006 09:11:25 -0400
Our very first ferret death was Sept 2002 to ADV.  After a 6 month
battle.  We were very cautious for quite awhile after that, especially
since Minx had kits and I had one.  We figured the existing group was
doomed.  A month later another ferret died - heart failure and upon
necropsy no ADV.  Almost 4 years later we have had mouth cancer, Copper
toxicosis, poor nutrition related death (a rescue), old age, Helicobacter
related death, Insulinoma, and unknown anemia/mysterious blood loss.
None have shown signs of ADV upon necropsy.

My advise - "Don't Panic" also a quote from my favorite author!  ADV is
horrible when a ferret had it, but it isn't a death sentence of the rest
of your group.  Maybe we were lucky?  Maybe it isn't as contagious as
they thought?  We tested everyone and haven't seen it since.

Ailigh