From:
Julianne Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 12:33:41 -0400
I have been a lurker on the list for a while, but I figured this was a
good time to finally jump in!

We (My husband and I) visited the open house at Ferrets Unlimited
yesterday, with the intention of only dropping off some supplies, getting
a look at the place and stealing some ferret kisses.  I made a point to
NOT bring a pet carrier, so I wouldn't be tempted to bring anyone home
with me.  Silly, me!  That's like giving away the baby clothes so I won't
get pregnant... I immediately fell in love with Rachael (she was one of
the 5 ferrets that the FML helped name recently).

After many ferret kisses, we decided to take her home to join the rest of
the family.  We were warned that she doesn't always play nice, but the
introductions went amazingly well.  Rachael was busy sniffing the house,
while the other 4 ferrets and the cats followed her around sniffing her
just as thoroughly.  There was no neck biting or hissing or anything.  I
was shocked!

She did claim the igloo and tunnel as hers, and played queen of the hill
for a while.  She joined in all the ferret games (towel rides, the ferret
wading pool, chasing the cat, dumping the water dishes, etc).  After all
the playtime, she was a very snuggly girl and took turns sleeping on my
chest or my husband's.  She seems right at home already.  I took a few
photos of her and put them online at the following

The open house was such a wonderful idea!  It was an opportunity for those
of us who are shy about going to someone's home a chance to meet the
ferrets and see first hand how well they are cared for.  My husband and
I shared a smile when we noticed that the humans were downstairs in the
heat, while the ferrets lived in air conditioned luxury.  Thank's Jean
for everything you do.

Julie & friends (Cupcake, Daisy, Burt, Ernie and now Rachael)
http://www.genglo.com/cuppy/