From:
Bridgette Eshelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:03:14 -0500
I made a post a little while back about wanting to meet people in the
Tampa Bay FL area.  I was pleased to get responses back and plan to meet
these wonderful people as soon as the holiday madness is over.  All of
this got me thinking though once talking with them, there are so many
ferret owners in the Bay area yet we do not know how to get a hold of
each other.  I have had my ferrets for over two years and still drive a
little over 2 hours to take them to the vet I adopted them at because I
did not know of any good recommended vets here.  I have gone two years
only knowing one couple that are ferret owners.  To me this is sad when
I think about it.  So I decided I wanted to try a new project.  I started
a yahoo groups ferret club for the Tampa Bay area.

My goal with this club is to join ferret owners together for friendship
and shared understanding for the love of these critters.  With that I
want to make a list of ferret friendly activities that are recommended
by other ferret owners so that we all have easier access to help our
babies out.  So I would be looking for vets, pet sitters , shelters and
pet stores that work with ferrets.  My over all goal is to have such a
good loving community that we could also work as a whole to help rescue
ferrets in the area on a more well known easier basis.  If we became a
tight enough nit group of a decent size I feel this could be
accomplished.  What I plan on doing is once obtaining information about
ferret friendly places I would like to actually go to them and explain
what the club is about and give them business cards.  I would also like
to go to all pet stores where they have bulletins to place cards in
hoping people that adopt ferrets from them will come around and become
more knowledgeable.

I never claim to be a ferret expert by any means, I am fairly new to the
ferret world, but my intentions are pure for wanting to do some thing to
help other ferrets in this area and their human parents.  I am welcoming
more knowledgeable ferret people as well as new ferret people to be a
part of a ferret community trying to help others.

I will look forward to meeting you all in the future that live in the Bay
area!  Thank you for hearing me out.

Bridgette

Tampa Bay Ferret Lovers Club
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TampaBayFerretLovers/