From:
Celtic Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:05:36 -0400
I believe based on living with Kim for 15 mos that Kim doesn't provide a
suitable home for her son or her pets.

She has left no forwarding address, has an unlisted phone number and
changed her cell phone number.  Don't call me, I can't help you.

I met Kim about 5 yrs ago.  Regarded her as a friend.  After living with
her, I changed my mind.

6/03 We let Kim and her son move in.

6/03 to 10/03 Dan, my husband cleaned her litter boxes for no pay or even
a donation of a bag of litter.  She has around 35 ferrets

10/03 We let her new boyfriend move in too.
Her ferrets still go hungry with out food or water unless someone, like
me fed them first

3/04 Children's Services and the cops showed up at my door.  Kid remains
in my home

6/04 I asked her to do her own ferret cages so Dan doesn't have too.
She has maggots in her litter boxes, her ferrets go without food and
water.  Her son vacuums the cages and litter boxes.  He never removes
them or scrubs them.  The room always smells of ammonia Dan ends up
cleaning them.

8/3/04 Children's Services showed up at my door a second time.  Her son
is removed.  She has 4 large dogs and an uncounted number of rats in his
room.  Her room is a pigsty of pop cans, food dried on paper plates,
clothes and papers everywhere.  I took pix.

8/8/03 We tell them to leave.and give them to the end of the month.  They
start moving.  She gets her kid back.

They never tell us when they will be there or how long.  I learn from Dan
they haven't paid their rent in 3 mos.  It was $400 a month.

She leaves behind 1 dog and 20 ferrets and two mink.  No explanation, no
food, no money to buy food.  We feed them out of our bins.  I didn't have
animal control come and pick them up.  I wish I had.  I started too late
on legally being able to take them away from her.  She came back and
claimed them about 2 weeks later.

8/30/03 I change the locks They aren't out.

9/01/04 She enters my home by the back door which no one locked.  I
threaten to call the policy on her for trespassing.  She calls the police
instead and they inform me that she has every right to be there as long
as she wants until I get a court ordered eviction.  Kim and I had a
shouting match.  She tells me I have "issues".  Mind you, I've never
shouted at her, the kid or the BF the entire tem she lived there.  I have
to give her the new key to the door.  I get my lawyer started on a court
ordered eviction.

9/03 The BF announced they're officially out.  We can keep or toss or
donate anything left behind.

Dan cleans their sh*t out of our ferret room and hauls out 3 20 gal trash
bags.  I haul out 16 more from the two bedrooms.  I have to pay a garbage
hauler to take it away because my trash pick up guys won't handle it.

We go through our ferretry and find she has cherry picked the room taking
4 of my carriers and leaving her own ratty ones I had to toss.  Dan says
she took some of our locking bowls.  I know she took at least 8 water
bottles and 2 Midwest cat cages.  The cages she left behind we have to
set out for trash.

We had new floor laid in the kitchen and Dan wanted to paint it before
moving the furniture back in.  We find she has cherry picked our kitchen
as well.  Taking sauce pans, baking pans, maybe some good cutting knives
and a wooden rolling pin.

I expect to find many more items gone and damage to the house we haven't
seen yet.  I found one of my large litter boxes chewed up by her dogs and
in the trash can.  While I was cleaning out her room, I found a large
flower vase I've had for years badly chipped and had to toss it.

Her rats staged an escape from the their basement cages and are loose for
around a month.  We haven't even started cleaning the basement and don't
know how much stuff the rats damaged.

She has left no forwarding address, her phone number is unlisted, and she
changed her cell phone number.

Their are rumors attributed to "Celtic" bad mouthing people she adopted
ferrets too.  I am Celtic Ferret.  She is Celtic Critters.  I've found my
ferret name with her name and cell phone number on pet store bulletin
boards.

I can't tell you much more. I do plan to take her to small claims court.

Kathy Gallagher
Celtic Ferrets

[Moderator's note: Kim, if you're out there and would like to respond.
please do.  I can remove your e-mail address from your response if you
prefer.  BIG]