From:
Linda Proulx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 23:56:02 -0500
Hi all.  I just wanted to tell you about a very lucky ferret that was
rescued in North Carolina.  We have not yet come up with a name for him
yet but that is soon to come.  This little guy came in at under a pound.
He is about 4-5 months old.  When he came in you could feel every single
rib and all the bumps along his spine.  He is a little blaze.  We know
for a fact that he had no food for a full week.  We are not sure about
water but his water bottle was dry as a bone.  He was extremely
emaciated.  He was amazingly well hydrated and his coat is in pretty darn
good condition considering.  He has put on an astounding amount of weight
with chicken gravy and the large amount of Marshall's he is eating.  He
seems to like banana raisin treats and those chicken jerky treats.  He
is just one lucky little ferret.

Oh by the way the person who had him was a young man in the military.
He lived in the barracks where ferrets are strictly prohibited.  The
ferret was kept in his closet as to not get in trouble when pop
inspections came up.

Prayers to those who have lost a fuzzy one recently and healing prayers
for those who need them.

Linda and the furry ones
Dook-N-Dance Ferret Shelter
ICQ # 81643954