From:
suzi lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:50:44 -0700
Someone asked, which do you prefer boy ferrets or girls?

How do you chose?  They are all so adorable but so different.  Our family
is only 7, so I'm not sure if others have noticed the differences.  I
wonder if boy and girl ferrets in general seem to have the same traits.
Ferret behavior is so interesting and how they interact as a group is so
intriguing.

My girls seem to be be more hyper, real little busy bodies always looking
for something to get into.  Since they are smaller and more limber, they
can usually find a way up to that forbidden shelf and into mischief.

My Cheech, a female sable is the the smallest, but the smartest.  She is
constantly scaling the drapes, the cage, the shelves and any where else
her little heart desires.

My Chongie, another female sable and her evil twin, isn't quite as
limber, but is the top ferret in our group.  She may be small, but can be
quite fierce.  She is also very demanding and attention seeking.  If her
royal command is ignored too long, I am sure to get a nasty little chomp
on my ankle soon.

Same with my Mokey girl, she likes to nip on the ankles too.  I wonder if
that is a girl thing because my boys rarely do that.  Now the boys are
trouble makers too, (being ferrets of course) but aren't as limber to
climb everywhere so don't seem to get into as much trouble.

In fact my one big boy Goose is very klutzy.  He's very cute but kinda
strange looking.  He has these really long gangling legs with large over
sized feet.  He kinda lumbers when he walks and is always falling short
whenever he tires to leap any where.  That's his way of getting places,
KLUNK!  Never seems to faze him though, he just gets up again and lumbers
off.  He also has really big eyes and over sized ears and his front teeth
seem to protrude a little more than everyone else's.  He also like to
keep his mouth open a little like he is amazed or bewildered.  so he
looks like a buck- toothed, dim witted, big eyed, confused dumbo boy.
But so sweet!  And loves to give kisses.

All the boys are really big and cuddly and maybe not the brightest
crayons in the box, but so cute!

Do other people find the girls to be more bitey than the boys?  And the
girls smarter?

Though Cheech is more of a little princess and never bites.  I guess
Chong is the Queen and has to run the show.

Suzi