From:
Denise Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:51:20 CST
Yes, I tell people all the time, I am mother of thirty Kids.  At the
moment we have only six kids or six ferret babies.  Actually no babies,
the youngest one a female is 2 years.  I've been a mother for about twenty
years to ferrets now.  We had ferrets just wonder up to our home, as if
there were signs posted COME HERE>WE OPEN FOR BUSINESS.  I had the local
shelter drop them off,& I've adopted out many to good homes.  Many of my
ferret were from families of young children.  Beleive me, Ferrets are not
toys.  And should not be purchased for children's amusement.  Most children
become tired of them, then it's off to the shelter or basement & garage.
I wish that an adoption agreement is made with any pet to be owned.
Especially homes with children.  I have children myself, but they were
raised with ferrets.  They learned ferrets are like children theirselves
and need alot of attention and loving care.  If parents do not have the
time to offer to their own children, they do not need pets, especially a
ferret.  I wish breeders of ferrets or pets didn't use this as a source
of income.And then there would be fewer unwanted pets.  If a owner proves
unfit or has terminated his right of his pet.  They should be classifield
as an unadoptable parent.  And this should be done in all states.  Also,
there should also be back-up care for your pet if any conditions arise that
you can not care for him.  I love my guys, and treat them like my own
babies.  And there is probably alot of ferret people like me, that feels
the same way.

A Ferret Momma