From:
Alberta Ferret Society - President <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 20:26:22 -0700
On behalf of the members and the homeless ferrets of the Alberta Ferret
Society I want to extend our deepest appreciation and our sincerest
thanks to Kristine Lunny and all those who assisted her in creating the
"Ferret Giving Tree".  We are so completely overwhelmed by the response
from members of the FML, who have written asking to become Secret Santa's
for our ferrets, that it's impossible to express in words how deeply
touched we are.

You've read on the FML time and again the struggles that shelters face
just providing adequate shelter, maintenance and medical care to the
ferrets who arrive daily through their doors.  Meeting these obligations
is a challenge every shelter faces and there is rarely enough left over
to provide the extra's like treats or toys or a new blanket or hammie.

The Giving Tree does just that.  It brings us together and puts a face
to a name and a story to a face.  It allows us to have a look inside the
life of a shelter and to meet some of the inhabitants there.  It gives us
an opportunity to reach out and touch the life of a ferret in need and to
change it in some way.  The Secret Santa's who have written to us are so
full of love it comes shining through in their words.  How can we help
they ask......a toy for Bandit, a treat for Sampson, a new hammock for
Betty Boop just tell me what to send?  The Giving Tree creates a bond
between us all.  We thank you Kristine, and we thank those who helped you
to make the Giving Tree possible.  And to the Secret Santa's, you know
who you are, bless you one and all!

Barbara Gustafson
Alberta Ferret Society
President