From:
Alice Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:30:24 -0500
My only experience is that our beagle respected a visiting ferret but was
too old to play with it.

Since beagles are very playful, my feeling is a puppy would have fun
with your ferrets.  You can train beagles with treats and they'll do just
about anything for food.  WHENEVER you give a command you must firmly
stick to it and NOT back off.  Otherwise beagles quickly begin to feel
they rule.  They respond to tone of voice, much like ferrets do.

When our beloved beagle died we adopted a ferret.

Alice
Fannie