From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:23:06 -0600
Well, I think my major comment on this question is this:

I'd rather be COMPLETELY paranoid than wrong.  Wrong means dead ferrets,
ferrets given over to someone else for the rest of their lives at great
expense, and/or a fairly total loss of freedom in my own home.  If ferrets
are confiscated under warrant, you lose the right to refuse entry to F&G
for up to 2 years.

So, pretty much no one knows about our bunch.  The neighbors certainly
don't.  No more trips outside to dig in the dirt [digging in a dirt-filled
tub is what we do now].  Visits to vets when we smuggle out to another
state.  Denial of owning ferrets now, although I will admit to having had
them in the past, just to educate the occasional person with misconceptions.

Everyone has to make their own choice.  But once you choose to be open
about your ownership, you can't go back.  And for me, the consequences
are too great.

Just list me as "one of the anonymous ones"