Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:37:03 +0000
Hi,

I have recently missed being able to read the FML due to illness but I
have been catching up. I would like to address two issues.

One is about Barbara Clay. Please stop. She is a wonderful person who
I recently had the pleasure of meeting concerning a rescue. She knows
I somewhat "sanctuary" rather than provide sheltering. I am not in a
position to do sheltering, as much as I would love to, so I rescue when
I can. She never made me feel bad about my decision, rather offered me
nothing but kindness and assistance. I sincerely feel that whatever was
written was taken sorely out of context, and Barbara is being tarred
with a bad brush. As adults in this world, we all know that each of us
provides as our gifts and circumstances permit. That does not mean that
one way is worse than the other. It also does not mean that Barbara, or
any of us for that matter, is not entitled to an opinion. We all are
concerned over the increasing problem of ferret "dumping" and work in
the ways that we can to help. Barbara, if you are reading this let me
assure y ou I think the best of you from my experience with you and
felt that you extended the same to me. Enough everybody. We all do the
best we can. NO ONE can knock Barbara or any of the others who work so
tirelessly in the cause of ferrets. Just think of the time and money
and raising money that a shelter must go through to provide for the
ferrets they take in and hope to place. I have been lucky enough to
be helped by Barbara and Sharon from SOS and these women are tireless
heroes. We need to stop the judging. Come on people.

Secondly, I am reading of the rescue of the 700. I am not in a position
at this point to take in another ferret. But I would like to make a
donation for this cause. I can tell you it is not much, unfortunately,
but I would like to give what I can. Please tell me where and to whom I
can make this donation.

Thanks for listening,

Marianna Garrett