From:
"Margaret Zick (and Stan, Ollie and Jezebel)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 00:36:22 -0400
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with cataracts in ferrets?  On his annual
visit to the vet (boy, did we have fun, all nine fuzzies went) I was told
Ollie, my DEW, has cataracts forming in both eyes.  The vet said nothing
could be done at the moment, but when they were more formed, surgery could
be performed at a referral clinic here in Houston.

Has anyone had this procedure?  Is there someone (doctor) with experience in
this?  Or do I really need to worry about it?  Ollie hasn't slowed down so
far and I am wondering if he will adapt to limited sight?  If there is
anyone anywhere who has had success with cataract removal, I would be
willing to travel when the time comes.

On a side note, I marched into the vet with the distemper survey in hand.
Before I could say anything, the tech was proud that they finally got
Fervac-D in.  After talking to the vets, and finding out there wasn't any
other vaccine to give them, 6 got their shots.  They were given a benedryl
shot before hand and also recieved rabies at the same time.  All were raring
to go when we got home (I did stay at the clinic for over an hour for
safety's sake).

Margaret and the furious ferrets---(in chorus)
Hey Ma, just what was that thing they stuck up our butts?  And three
pokes?!?  What did we do to deserve this kinda treatment???  At least we
pooped and peed all over that office!!  And chewed on the doc's shoes!!!
Another FLO victory!!