From:
Ann Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2013 08:46:02 -0800
Lupron...????

I am not on here to fight about what is right or not. I have talked to
several vets before starting this course of lupron treatment and have
been using this for over four years. I have had great success. I put
the information out because I wanted to help people. I can see that I
will not be doing that again. As far as it hurting the ferrets I have
had one live for over four years on the lupron injection. I have seen
no harm done using this. As I am not a vet but just a shelter with
over 70 ferrets and over 30 with adrenal cancer, I will continue to
work with what works in my shelter. I do not adopt out adrenal ferrets
because most people don't want a ferret that requires vet care. Also
vets' offices have called me for adrenal ferrets saying that the owner
wants to put them to sleep because they cannot afford them. It is sad
but true that people throw animals away as fast as they can when they
get old or sick. With all of this said, I told everyone to talk to
their vet about using this Lupron. I thought that the FML was for
sharing information. I can see it is not. We seem to bash people more
than we help people. Now I understand why we do not have more people
posting. Thanks to the people who did check with their vet and were
told this is exactly what they are already using.

Ann's Ferret Shelter & Adoption Inc.
501(c)3 non-profit organization
Manchester, Ohio 45144
Ann Church, Director
937-549-1960
http://annsferretshelter.weebly.com/

[Moderator's note:  Thank you, Ann, for sharing your opinion. And
thank you, Brenda and Dr. Mitchell for calmly sharing yours. Sharing
opinions really does work better when it's two-way! BIG]